Wednesday, April 2, 2008

health

The doctors here think that a tonsillectomy is needed to address chronic infection of my tonsils. And I need allergy testing and GI testing. My throat tells a story I've been ignoring I guess. But this is the first time that I have heard of the connection between joint pain and tonsills. Anyone reading have experience with this?

I am also anemic. And continue to be a bit sleep deprived.

And for the congestion some other medication was prescribed which is clearing things up quickly- only now I finally feel the sore throat.

SO, if I go through with it, the surgery here in Klaipeda would require a 3-4 day hospital stay. And is scheduled for April 18.

In other better news, it seems the time has come for David Augenijus to use the toilet or potty mostly on his own initiative. Just in the last few days we've seen a big difference.

The first health incident with preschool that we know about happened this week. A little girl in Erik's group fell sick- literally fell and vomited her whole GI contents and has some illness that she is hospitalized for now. So the preschool is on special measures for a while (sanitizing and quarentine) till they are sure it is not being passed. So far no signs with Erik.

Yesterday I led a forum discussion at LCC for the staff to discuss the Christian identity of our university and how we describe it to others. It is a unique setting since it does not belong to one church and since it is very open to Christians of all traditions.

On Friday the church relations committee that I lead will meet with local pastors and priests to talk about how we are doing Christian mission and to see how we might interact with them more and encourage our students to be more involved in church ministries.

No comments: