Saturday, September 12, 2009

getting in the new rhythm




We are getting to gradually adjust to school schedule. Weather is still warm enough to enjoy outside activities. The last 2 Saturdays we were out as a family on the bike trail. Many things in our lives are beginning to feel normal again, after these 2 somewhat wild years with lots of adjustments.

We also picked up a game the boys like now- Frustration (like chase the rat or Trouble-not sure how many different names this kind of game has) and believe it or not it was the toy in the Happy Meal at McDonalds!

A few months ago, I was trying to guide my wandering tomato vines so they did not bend over in the balcony and break off. But one broke off in the process. I was going to throw it out, but I think it was David who said - you should stick in it water. We had just done that with a spring of another plant the day before. So I decided ok, it probably won't hurt. It became my science experiment! After a bit it started blooming. I was amazed to find a tomato formed. And now- it has turned red. It is quite small, and perhaps I could have replanted the now well rooted sprig, but instead I've just kept watering it.

No comments: